John Goodman Net Worth, Husband and Father in Roseanne
John Goodman is a Hollywood actor who is best known for playing as Dan Connors in a TV series “Roseanne”.
The TV series has aired since 1988 which brought him a Golden Globe Award in 1993 as the Best Actor.
Goodman started his career when he was in high school.
He has starred in so many films and series in his entire career.
He has been an active actor since 1975 to date. John Goodman also has a career as a stand-up comedian.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, John Goodman has a total net worth of $65 million this year.
John Goodman Bio, Education, and Early Life
John Stephen Goodman was born on June 20, 1952, in St Louis, Missouri.
He was born to Leslie Francis Goodman and Virginia Ross.
His father worked in a post office who died because of a heart attack when Goodman was still two years old.
His mother was a retail store associate and a waitress at a bar.
John Goodman has a brother named Leslie and a sister named Elisabeth.
He is of German, Welsh, and English descent.
He attended to Affton High School and graduated in 1970.
During high school, he played football and dabbled in theater.
Later, he gained a football scholarship to the University of Missouri State in Missouri.
He studied in a drama program at the University and graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Fine Arts.
John Goodman Movies and Acting Career
In 1983, John Goodman made his debut in a movie titled ‘Eddie Macon’s Run”.
He appeared as “Herbert”, one of the minor roles in the movie.
Then two years later, Goodman became a part of the cast “Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” a hit Broadway Musical.
In 1987, he appeared in “Gale Snoats”, a comedy film which is directed by the Coen brothers.
In 1988, John Goodman played as the main role of a TV sitcom titled “Roseanne”.
The sitcom was quite successful at that time. It aired on ABC network.
In 1991, Goodman starred in a comedy film “King Ralph” which was a moderate success.
John Goodman played as “Fred Flinstone” in a cartoon adaptation film “The Flintstones” in 1994.
In 1998, he starred in another Coen brothers’ comedy movie “The Big Lebowski” which received many positive reviews.
He was also seen in a romantic comedy-drama movie called “Coyote Ugly” which has a New York setting.
The animation film “Cars” was released in 2006 in which John Goodman played a voice role.
That animated film brought him several awards including a nomination in Academy Award.
In 2012, John Goodman co-starred as ‘John Chambers’ in “Argo”, a historical drama film directed by Ben Affleck.
It’s very clear that his appearances in films affect a huge net worth on his name.
John Goodman Oscar, Awards, and Other Achievements.
- John Goodman was involved in several Academy-Award or Oscar-winning films.
- He won as the Funniest Male Performer in a TV Series in American Comedy Awards (1989 and 1990) for his performance in “Roseanne”
- For his performance in Roseanne brought him a Golden Globe Awards as the Best Performance by an Actor in a TV series in 1993.
- In 2007 Emmy Awards, Goodman won an award as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series “Studio 60 on the Sunset Trip.
- 2008’s TV Land Awards gave Goodman an Award as the Innovator for his acts in Roseanne.
- He won as the best supporting actor in “Barton Fink” film in 2012.
- John Goodman received Screen Actors Guild Awards for his actions in the film “Argo”
- In 2014’s Satellite Awards chose him as the Best Actor in TV series in “Alpha House”.
- His performance in 10 Cloverfield Lane film led him to win a 2017’s Saturn Awards as the Best Supporting Actor in a Film.
- Good was also a nominee in numerous awarding events.
John Goodman Wife, Children, Age, Height
John Goodman married his wife Annabeth Hartzog in 1989.
They both had a daughter named Molly Evangeline Goodman.
His daughter works in the film industry as a production assistant.
In some interviews, Goodman publicly admits that he has problems with his alcoholism and weight.
As of this year, John Goodman age is 66 years old and John Goodman Height is 188cm.
Because of his weight issue, he did a lot of exercises and had a healthy life. He has lost any weight since 2010.
His appearance attracted much attention when he comes to the Toronto International Film Festival in 2015.
Here are some of the Favorite Quotes of John Goodman:
- “As long as you can savor the humorous aspect of misery and misfortune, you can overcome anything.”
- “Believe Me, nobody likes to loaf more than me.”
- “If you want to direct, you’ve got to work.”
- “I’d bowled a lot, but I never really had proper lessons.”
John Goodman House, Cars, Wealth.
In 2008, John Goodman bought a house in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles that worth $4.6 million.
He also bought a Trent Reznor’s mansion in the Garden District of New Orleans for $1.8 million in 2005.
He sold one of his house in Los Angeles to David Hasselhoff in 1996 for $1.9 million.
In 2018, he got involved in a TV show titled “The Conners” as Dan Conner which earn him $375,000 per episode.
John Goodman drives a 1997 Ford F-150 which is not a lavish car, to be honest.
He definitely could afford something more expensive, but he refused it.
His career journey as an actor gave him a huge net worth that he achieved through hard work.
As of this year, John Goodman net worth is whooping $65 million.
John Goodman is surely a rich man who able to achieve a luxurious lifestyle.
With his family, he resides in a mansion in New Orleans, Louisiana.
He gained huge recognition through his appearance in American TV sitcom Roseanne since 1988.
Goodman has starred in so many movies both as the main role or supportive role.
He received numerous awards because of his performances in the films and TV shows.